Here are some tips that may help:
- Always lock your car.
- Close and lock all windows.
- Hide any valuables. If you can’t remove them, cover them.
- Never hide a spare key on your car – thieves know how to find them
- Park in a well-lit area – in your garage, if possible (and be sure the garage is locked).
- Never leave your car while it’s running – if you start it, stay with it.
- If you see something suspicious – like someone peering into parked cars or trying door handles – call 911.
- Install an alarm or anti-theft device if your vehicle doesn't already have one.